Friday, May 5, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
(Registration: 8 to 8:30 a.m.)
3959 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Director, STAR-Center Outreach
At the conclusion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- Discuss novel methods of assessment for suicidal risk, including computerized adaptive screening, machine learning use of medical records, neurocognitive tasks, speech analysis, and use of passive cell phone data.
- Discuss neurobiological approaches to identification of suicidal risk including neuroimaging analyses of how suicidal and non-suicidal individuals differ when thinking about suicide-related words.
- Explain novel methods of intervention, including a texting intervention to encourage follow-up and a game to alter the suicidal biases that many suicidal patients have.
- Explain an historical perspective on educators' involvement in suicide-related work.
- Articulate what research has uncovered about educators' knowledge, roles, attitudes, and beliefs related to suicidal youth.
- Identify preferred approaches for professional development, collaboration, and evaluation in mental health-education partnerships.
This program is appropriate for clinical and educational personnel.
There is a $60 registration fee for this conference. Cost to employees of Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic is $30. The registration fee includes a light breakfast (coffee/tea/juices/muffins, etc.) and continuing education credits.
PLEASE NOTE: Participants will receive keynote and workshop handouts via e-mail prior to the conference. We will no longer provide hard copies of keynote or workshop handouts the day of the conference. Please print a copy and bring it with you if you prefer to have a hard copy the day of the conference.
Full tuition must accompany the registration form. A $10 administration fee will be deducted from all refunds for cancellations. All refund requests must be in writing and received in the office no later than Thursday, April 27, 2017. Please return registration form by Friday, April 29, 2016.
Continuing Education Credits
Continuing Education Credit is available for this program for Psychologists, Counselors, Licensed/Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, National Board Certified Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists: LSW/LCSW/LPC/LMFT, PA Educators, and other professionals. Please click here for detailed information about Continuing Education Credits.